The information and linked documents below are needed to support your child as a member of G3 Robotics. Please check back here often to sign up to volunteer or to find information about what's going on with the team. Thank you!
- Sign up to donate: Spring Snacks
- Remember, you can pay $25 on our website and a member of our hospitality committee will shop for you.
- Sign up to donate: Concessions for DFG Event
- Volunteer at DFG Events:
- Sign up to provide Saturday lunches (the cost of providing lunch can be reimbursed or donated)
- Join a committee by contacting the Boosters Board of Directors
DURING FRC BUILD SEASON: Click here. The team calendar can be added to your personal calendar and is linked below.
FIRST Team Member Registration
FIRST requires all team members to register online and parents must complete an electronic consent and release. This is required for both new and returning team members each year. For detailed instructions see this page.
Payments should be made through the store on our website (no checks or cash, please). Check the finalized travel roster here to see which students will attend which events. If you are awarded a scholarship you will receive a separate email with payment instructions.
- January 15th: $250 due for Gainesville trip--CLOSED
- February 15th: $250 due for Albany trip--CLOSED
- March 15th: $250 due for Athens trip
- April 15th: $425 due for Houston trip (amount subject to change as travel plans are secured by the committee)
It can be a little overwhelming to be the parent of a new G3 Robotics team member! We've put together a handbook for parents to help make this a little easier. Click here for an intro to the Grady Robotics & STEM Alliance, our booster organization, and a glossary of key terms that all G3 family members should know.
REQUIRED FORMS to join the team
This required document has two parts. Both must be completed each year to allow participation.
- The Student Contract is signed by the student and acknowledged by the parent to indicate that they understand and agree to the requirements for G3 membership.
- The Parent Waiver is a legal document that releases rights and waives claims related to students participating in G3 Robotics activities.
Click here to access both forms.
It takes a lot of time, money, and volunteer hours to make our team successful. We build robots, travel to competitions, do outreach in the community, and provide scholarships to any student in need. Through sponsors, grants, and donations we help offset the financial needs of the team. Our expectation is for each family to participate by contributing to the best of their abilities. You can accomplish this in a variety of ways. Every parent is asked to complete the Parent Volunteer Form to tell us how you will contribute.
*** NEW MEMBERS ONLY *** G3 Robotics is an Exploring Post, under the auspices of Learning for Life, a District of Columbia nonprofit corporation. The Exploring program is part of Learning for Life's education resource program and provides liability insurance for G3 Robotics team members and mentors. All G3 Robotics team members and mentors are required to join our Exploring Post. The application only needs to be completed once, so only new team members should complete the form.
G3 Robotics receives no funding from the school system and must raise funds to support the team and provide travel scholarships for students who need them. Traveling with the team to competition inspires and energizes students and strengthens the bond among teammates. We believe no student should miss out on this opportunity for growth as a member of the team due to a financial burden placed on their family. Need-based scholarship assistance is available by request. Parents must contact Mr. Nichols no later than September 29. See the Summary of Costs for more information.