Welcome Parents | may update
The information and linked documents below are needed to support your child as a member of G3 Robotics. Check back here often to sign up to volunteer or to find out what's going on with the team.
Executive Officers 2018-19
Thanks to the 2017-18 board for your service and for making this year a huge success! Please email email@example.com if you are interested in serving on a committee for 2018-19. We need help with fundraising (sponsors), outreach events (FLL, DFG), travel, hospitality, volunteer coordinator and more! Congrats to these elected officers:
- President - Kelly Crutcher
- Vice-President - Lee Martin
- Secretary - Liz Opsahl
- Treasurer - James Crutcher & Alyse Franklin
- Sat, May 12, UAS4STEM Competition, Lakeland, FL
- Mon, May 14, 6 - 8 pm | APS BOE Honors Night
- Wed, May 16, 10 - 11 am | Fulton Co. Board of Commissioners Honors G3 | 141 Pryor St.
- Friday, May 18, 6 – 11 pm | Gaming Gauntlet
- Sunday, May 20, 5 - 7 pm | G3 End-of-Year Celebration
- Friday, May 25, Last Day of School
Friday, May 18 ***Parent and Student Volunteers Needed*** Our semi-annual, student driven fundraiser. The students need parent support to chaperone the event, sell concessions, and work the door. Please sign up:
END OF YEAR CELEBRATION
Sunday, May 20 from 5 - 7pm We will gather at the Martin home. Please RSVP to join us at our last event of the season. This is a BBQ themed potluck for all G3 families and mentors. We will eat, celebrate the team, send off the seniors and look forward to the coming season. What to Bring to Share:
- Freshman: BBQ Entree (feeds 6-8)
- Sophomore: Salad or Side (feeds ~10)
- Juniors: Dessert (feeds ~10)
- Seniors: Bring yourself and family - nothing else is needed!
- Coaches/Mentors: 1 12-pack of water or soft drinks
- All paper products will be supplied by the team.
- Any other "beverages" are BYOB :-)
FIRST Team Member Registration
FIRST requires all team members to register online and parents must complete an electronic consent and release. This is required for both new and returning team members each year. For detailed instructions see this page.
It can be a little overwhelming to be the parent of a new G3 Robotics team member! We've put together a handbook for parents to help make this a little easier. Click here for an intro to the Grady Robotics & STEM Alliance, our booster organization, and a glossary of key terms that all G3 family members should know.
REQUIRED FORMS to join the team
This required document has two parts. Both must be completed each year to allow participation.
- The Student Contract is signed by the student and acknowledged by the parent to indicate that they understand and agree to the requirements for G3 membership.
- The Parent Waiver is a legal document that releases rights and waives claims related to students participating in G3 Robotics activities.
Click here to access both forms.
It takes a lot of time, money, and volunteer hours to make our team successful. We build robots, travel to competitions, do outreach in the community, and provide scholarships to any student in need. Through sponsors, grants, and donations we help offset the financial needs of the team. Our expectation is for each family to participate by contributing to the best of their abilities. You can accomplish this in a variety of ways. Every parent is asked to complete the Parent Volunteer Form to tell us how you will contribute.
*** NEW MEMBERS ONLY *** G3 Robotics is an Exploring Post, under the auspices of Learning for Life, a District of Columbia nonprofit corporation. The Exploring program is part of Learning for Life's education resource program and provides liability insurance for G3 Robotics team members and mentors. All G3 Robotics team members and mentors are required to join our Exploring Post. The application only needs to be completed once, so only new team members should complete the form.
G3 Robotics receives no funding from the school system and must raise funds to support the team and provide travel scholarships for students who need them. Traveling with the team to competition inspires and energizes students and strengthens the bond among teammates. We believe no student should miss out on this opportunity for growth as a member of the team due to a financial burden placed on their family. Need-based scholarship assistance is available by request. Parents must contact Mr. Nichols no later than September 29. See the Summary of Costs for more information.